welcome to whatever this is.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Chorizo and Roast Tomato Penne...

Last night I wanted to make something really exciting.  I mean, it's my second real recipe post and I wanted it to be good, exotic, intriguing.  I was, however, exhausted from searching for flats all day (I should mention that was online hunting, not walking around Berlin actually, ooops!). Anyway, Roddy and I discussed and he wanted something with chorizo, SO this is what I came up with. It's simple, but the flavours really come out and it's so easy to make, especially when it's cold out, you're tired, and really really hungry.

Weird, it looks kind of stretched out in that photo,  maybe it gained weight since I took it?  I don't know. Anyway, here is the recipe!!

Ingredients
  • 2 cups cherry tomatoes
  • Medium sized onion
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1 tbsp oregano
  • 1 tsp chili flakes
  • 1 pinch each of salt and pepper
  • 300g penne
  • 1 chorizo sausage
  • A few fresh basil leaves
  • Cheese (I used gouda...because I live in Germany ö)
  • 1\3 cup passata
  • Olive oil for cooking
Step One

Cut cherry tomatoes in half and toss with 1 garlic clove (minced), and all the other spices, and some olive oil.

Step Two

Place tossed tomatoes on a pan like the photo below, throw in the oven and roast those suckers for, well, around 10 minutes, but more if your oven is tricky like mine.

Step Three

Sautee onions (chopped), adding the other clove of garlic (chopped) when the onions have cooked for a bit, until both are soft and smelling like Italy. 

Step Four
a) Sautee chorizo (roughly chopped) in pan (you don't need oil, it's oily enough!)
b) Combine onion, garlic and roasted tomatoes in a bowl and blend with a hand mixer, or use a food processor if you are super lucky and have one. 

Step Five

Add it all together, with the passata and cook it up!!!

WOAH.  I forgot to add a step in about cooking the penne!! But I bet you were all smart cookies and made it anyway, right???  Or, if you didn't, just pretend you did it on purpose so that you could let all the flavours of the sauce meld together while you cooked up the penne. That's what I do...

Serve with some freshly chopped basil and grated GOUDA, and enjoy!!!

NOTE-- you could totally eat this without the chorizo and it would still be tasty, and maybe a bit lighter!

2 comments:

  1. Hello,


    We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
    We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

    We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
    enjoy your recipes.

    Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
    and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

    To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

    Best regards,

    Vincent
    petitchef.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're totally on the same wavelength! Just the other night I was craving something similar so I whipped up sausage & white beans with roasted tomatoes. Sooo good and sooo easy. This look delicious!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails