welcome to whatever this is.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Review: Blackstone Bistro in Cairo, Egypt

So, since I just decided I would do my first restaurant review, why not start with my favorite breakfast in Cairo? I think this place opened slightly pre-revolution, it definitely wasn't here when I left Cairo in September.

Blackstone Bistro
22 Taha Hussein Street 
ZamalekCairoEgypt
+20227355875
Anyway, I went to this place with my dear Maya, who raved about the breakfasts, specifically their eggs benedict.  Well, it was a Saturday and we are generally pretty lazy on Saturdays so when we wandered in at 4:30pm, it made sense that they were no longer serving breakfast...this isn't Sunday in Berlin afterall!! I ordered a burger and Maya ordered a quiche and a salad.  All were AMAZING.  My burger really hit the spot.  The next time we went we made it for breakfast and we all ordered the eggs benedict. So good. I order them every time I go back, which has been probably 3 times in the last 5 weeks. I can't say for sure if it's because their eggs benedict are particularly amazing, or the fact that I haven't found them anywhere else, but let me tell you, they make me happy!

Prices are exactly what you'd expect for a restaurant in Zamalek that serves British/American style breakfasts...does that help? :)

Their iced coffees are good, but I would say not better than Crave next door... ooops, I hope that's not rude.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails